Monday, August 23, 2010

number nine

I was sitting on the train going to work the other day when I just thought "Why not apply to become a paramedic now?" I have always thought that being a paramedic would be my change of career job in my mid to late thirties. So why not now? It is only three years of university and a lot of that is on the job. However, more debt. Currently I owe the government $36,000. Just like a house mortgage, a little more wont hurt, will it??

The application process is pretty in depth with questions like "Why do you want to be a paramedic and what paid or unpaid work have you done to reflect this?" There is not even a guarantee that I will get accepted. If you don"t try, then you can't succeed.
If I apply, I can still have the option later on however if I don't apply, the option will not be there later on (if I get accepted).

I am just battling with the thought that I would be abandoning my environmental science degree. I would like to think that this would not be the case. I know that environmental management and conservation will always be a significant part of my life and a part of everything I do, I think I may just feel as though I could be doing more. While at university, (if i chose that path), I would have to work a lot to pay the bills and would endeavor to build my company. I have not written about that here, but it is something that I feel very strongly about and know that I will do one day- why not now??

I think I have too many interests. Too many different paths that I want to go down, which will all make me happy and content. I want to do them all.

Less than two weeks to departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment