Friday, August 13, 2010

Three weeks until I leave

Flights all booked, expedition booked and a plan has been made... kinda. I've gone with the Qantas flights. They are direct to Buenos Aires, give me frequent flier points and apparently are more comfortable. My bags have a less chance of getting lost too (which is a big plus, but having said that....). I am going to spend a week in Buenos Aires doing some Spanish lessons to polish up and see the sights. Then I am going to head north to Cochabamba Bolivia making a number of stops on the way. I believe it is possible to make this in one incredibly long leg (54hours!!), but I plan to do it in 3 or 4 parts. That way I'll get to see a fair bit of the place and not go totally insane. The salt flats are exciting me a lot. From what I have seen, amazing! Just looking at a map of Bolivia and South America, I think it makes more sense to go to Palacio de Sal on the way south to Chile.

After my time at the animal refuge (Comunidad Inti Ware Yassi) I will go to La Paz to acclimatise and see whats happening there before going to Santiago, Chile. I have some old friends there who I will hopefully get to see. Catching up with friends in random places across the globe is the best thing! From there, I will head east to Mendoza where I will begin the expedition =]
I have a week after that to get to Buenos Aires and be home for Christmas.

A plan, this plan sounds great to me, but also I don't usually have things this set out, usually just I see whatever happens happens. But this is good. Still lots of room to move about.

I feel good. Money is tight. Very tight. Just when I think I have enough, something else comes up. Just spent 300 dollars on vaccinations. I knew I'd need some, but they are just so expensive. And I know how fast money goes when overseas. I'll be coming home to about... zip. I am okay with that but.

I'll write more when I get more time! Happy Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment