Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We're going to Bolivia!

Just in the process of sorting out my flights, tossing up between Aerolines and Qantas.... Aerolines are quite a bit cheaper and Qantas are a more expensive but will possibly be better connected if airports have a melt down... most likely will be going with the cheaper option. When you are on a shoestring budget, three hundred dollars is a lot.

I am pretty pumped! But I also have that feeling deep in my belly, you know that one where you know what is coming and that is worse than not knowing. I am making reference to Aconcagua, I know what it is like to just be at high altitude let along hike and trek there. I remember in Nepal just out of breath simply untangling myself in my sleeping bag. I also know that I can push through it and keep going. I believe high altitude is 30% fitness and 70% mental. This time round I am a lot fitter, but again, that is no guarantee.

I have had responses from both of the volunteer NGOs which is making it harder for me to choose. The wildlife refuge is sounding sooo appealing, working with animals to get them back to full health and hopefully back into the wild. There are big and small cats that reside at the refuge, man I would love to spent time with the cats. Always a dream of mine to befriend a cat cat. The other organization are yet to give me a definite program or project so I cannot make a decision. The two are in relatively similar areas so it wont effect my flights or anything I need to sort out right now.

Also I've been speaking to an Aconcagua expedition company so it's all a go! As soon as I get my flights I'll book a place on the expedition.

YAY.

Everything seems to much brighter when there is something to look forward too. I feel as though I am doing something positive with my life and am heading in the right direction. =]

Stay tuned, more to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment