Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Where to begin???

My entrance into this wonderful world of blogging has been delayed more so that I would have thought. I had always liked the idea of keeping a journal of some sort, but as with most things, thinking about it and doing it are very different things. But I have decided to begin and just see where I go and what happens. I will type whatever comes to mind with no particular direction, just the raw thoughts floating around in my head.

Mt Everest

I have decided with sound resolution and clarity that I will summit Mount Sagarmatha. I will attempt to stand on top Mount Everest, the top of the world and stare at its beauty.

I cannot wait. It is something that I now need to do. And I know that I will get there.

I do not underestimate what challenges lie ahead, instead I think about them with excitement. I believe there are a couple ways to look at life and I'd like to think that I relish life's challenges. It is a long road ahead that will consume a lot of time, effort and money. But I also know that I might not be able to get to the top of the mountain. I understand that I might not be able to cope with the extreme altitude, cold or that something unforeseen may happen. However I also know that I will do everything in my power to get there.

It's going to be a long process- I don't know how many years it is going to take but I will say it again and again, I will get there. I have a plan in my mind and will work towards it. I plan to tackle the small trekkable/walkable summits of Island and Mera Peaks in Nepal and Mt Kilimanjaro. Then I'll assess where I am at and get more altitude experience, get the $$ and become supremely fit.

=]

Where has this come from? It is a pretty random goal and would get pushed aside as a dreamer's dream. I've floated the idea for the past two years, thinking about it and getting more and more consumed by the idea. I've been dropping subtle hints that I am going to return to Nepal and stand atop the majestic pyramid that is continually growing.

I really want this and know that I am going to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment